Buick is a brand that’s been loved and trusted for generations. This automotive giant has a reputation for excellence, for luxury, and for reliability that extends to every vehicle in its lineup. But there are some things about Buick as a brand that you might not know. Let’s take a look at 10 facts about Buick’s history that will give you a better understanding of this standout automaker.
Want to dig a little deeper into Buick’s history and learn some fun facts? Here are several bits of brand trivia that you can add to your bank of knowledge about this beloved manufacturer:
- Buick was established in 1903 and is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan.
- Buick is the oldest active American car brand and one of the oldest in the world.
- The first Buick to be manufactured for sale was the 1904 Model B.
- Buick cars are sold in the U.S., China, Canada, Israel, and Mexico. Buick vehicles were sold in New Zealand before World War II, but post-war production did not continue there.
- The 50th anniversary of Buick in 1953 saw the introduction of the Buick V8 engine.
- The 1970s saw the introduction of several new Buick models including the Buick Estate, the Centurion, the Apollo, and the Skyhawk.
- During the 1980s, the brand focused on performance and motorsports vehicles.
- In 1984, domestic sales of the complete line of Buick models skyrocketed in the United States, and sales topped 1 million.
- Buick sales in China make up approximately 35 percent of all global sales of the brand.
- Starting in the 2000s, Buick began shifting focus away from performance vehicles and toward the increasingly popular SUVs and crossovers that drivers were after.
You might also like: DIY Your Way Through National Crafting Month
Why Buy a Buick?
The Buick models of today appeal to a broad range of drivers seeking luxury-grade accommodations, exquisite design, and cutting-edge technology. Buick sedans, SUVs, and crossovers are all created with the brand’s signature commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
If you’re interested in a Buick of your own, we invite you to explore our online inventory at Bob Brady Buick GMC. We carry all of your favorite Buick models, so whether you’re seeking a well-endowed crossover like the Encore, Enclave, or Envision or a sophisticated sedan like the Regal Sportback, you’ll find plenty to love in our selection.
Start browsing now and you’ll quickly discover why so many car shoppers in and around Forsyth turn to our dealership when they’re seeking a remarkable offer on a vehicle that exceeds all of their expectations.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.